Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday Night

It's Wednesday night in the Big Town!
Yup, DH is out riding with his boys, me, I am at home still fighting with Quickbooks. I guess I am going to have to cry "Uncle!" and turn it over to a professional computer geek.
So, after having taken a small ride, I am back and playing with the new computer and trying to update this Quickbooks. Basically, I am re inputting the last month's receipts, invoices, and bills into the program.
This weekend, I am going to have to bite the bullet and start inputting all of last year's stuff into our personal side so we can go get our taxes done by the accountant.
About that ride, I rode down to Best Buy to find a keyboard for the laptop.
I am not a huge fan of laptop keyboards, my hands don't curve correctly to use them very well.
Back to that ride, I waited until after round 4 of trying to re-install/de-install Quickbooks, DH had left for Wednesday ride night, then he came back to get the PikePass, left again, and I was ready.
I hit that door running!
Helmet, coat, backpack, keys.
Turn the bike on, back out, and awaaaay we gooo!
I took the scenic route to OK-74/ Lake Hefner Parkway. I am glad I did, because when I got onto the Lake Hefner Parkway portion of the highway, the wind kicked up something fierce.
I have to admit, I was a touch concerned. A gust of wind made me and the bike wiggle.
Whew! I was so glad to get to Best Buy and off the highway.
I ran in, purchased the keyboard, and walked back out.
I was in NO hurry to get back on the highway. Also, the sun had gone down. Bikers really have to pay attention to their surroundings during the day, but it is twice as bad at night.
During the day, a biker has a fifty/fifty chance that the other drivers are actually seeing her.
At night, not only are the other drivers texting, talking on the phone, but most are coming back from dinner, so they have had "one or two" drinks.
And it is dark.
And they don't see you.
It is scary sometimes.
I got over myself and got back on the bike.
The traffic is pretty heavy on the intersection at May and 63rd in Oklahoma City, so I turned right to head south on May so I wouldn't have to play "Frogger" to get back accross the road. I next turned right on Independence, then back left on 63rd to get back on the highway. I know, I took the long way, give me a break, I was trying to minimize the risk of me getting squished.
I am riding on the highway; fighting the wind all the way home.
I finally make it back to the house, try round 5 on Quickbooks, then sit down with you.
I think I am exhausted now.
Thanks for stoppin' by!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment