Monday, February 7, 2011

New Computers

Well, this weekend, my old faithful Toshiba finally bit the dust. It had been making really weird growly noises for the last couple of days and I knew I needed to get our tax stuff done soon.
Good news, I had just finished printing out DH's business tax paperwork to get it ready to go to the accountant before it crashed.
Bad news, it totally burned before I could do our personal stuff.
I tried deinstall/ reinstall to no avail.
So we got a new computer yesterday.
I don't know if I totally love it yet. I am going from PC to Mac and it is really scary. I am fluent in Quickbooks PC, but this Mac Quickbooks stuff is pretty intense to get used to doing.
Some of the keyboard shortcuts are the same, so that is a plus.
I totally love the zoom feature to review images.
Oh my goodness, I love this reverse scissor maneuver on the mouse pad to get the image to zoom in for better viewing. It is even in focus! It was great. That was probably my favorite feature for today.

I spend all day looking at jpeg images for work, so I am kind of disappointed that the left and right arrow keys do not move between files like they do on the PC. Disappointed is a little understated.
I wanted to scream that I had to mouse to red light to close the image and then double click to open a new image. I must be doing something wrong, so I am going to go and watch yet another online tutorial to see if there is something nifty and magical (Jen speak for what ever the keyboard shortcuts are) that will save me time and blood pressure.
Thanks for stoppin' by!
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment