Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

So Friday night was my Valentine's Day gift from DH.
You already know about the note he left me on Friday telling me to pack my bags.
If you don't, you can see it again here: Surprises
Well, I survived. He had Carlos the limo driver pick me up and take me downtown to the Skirvin Hilton Hotel.
It is amazing.
This hotel was established in the early 1900's and just underwent a major remodel.


So, anyways, Carlos drops me off and I go to the front desk to get my room key.
The nice lady at the front desk hands me my key and tells me my room number and that it is on the sixth floor.
Ok, not too hard, so I get on the elevator and get off at the sixth floor.
I am really excited at this point.
So excited, that I forgot what room was ours.
I thought she said 606. So I went to 606. Yeah, I couldn't get in. So I am nervous and think well, maybe she said 612. So I go to 612. No luck.
Yes, I feel like a crazy person at this point. I am so glad nobody opened the doors to their rooms and asked me what I thought I was doing. That could have been really weird.
I head to the elevator. I can't take it if I try again and someone who is not my DH opens the door.
I am really dreading asking the girl at the front desk, "So, what room am in, again? "
Yeah, not wanting to do that. I get my cell phone and call DH,
"Hello?"
"Uh, Babe?"
"Yes?" he asks.
"So, you are not going to believe this, but I feel really stupid and you can't make fun of me and I don't want to go back downstairs and ask the girl at the front desk, but, uh, what room are we in?" I ramble out. Remember, this is a surprise.
Crickets on the other end, then he bursts out laughing and tells me our room number.
No, I never would have tried that number, not in a million years.
UGH!



DH picked the flower arrangement. These flowers do not come with the room.

I love this bathroom.

I get ready for dinner and text him and Carlos to let them know I am ready.
They pull into the front and we get back in the limo and head to our dinner reservations at: 
Drum Roll, please, The Mantle.
It's a pretty good restaurant down in Bricktown. We had the second ever most amazing 14 oz bone in fillet. Yes, we split the entree. It was 14 ounces of the most delicious and tender fillet we have had in a while. The only downer was that our server did not like his job nor did he like Valentine's so he was in a crummy mood. His service was the worst service we have had in the last three times we have been to the Mantle. But that is okay, we had a great meal and I did not have to do the dishes.
Next stop is at Rooster's Chicken and Beer in Bricktown. It is a bar and chicken joint in the Old Wells Fargo building.

Digression: One thing about living here, you can give directions through Oklahoma City and Guthrie, Oklahoma by using landmarks like, The Old Wells Fargo building. Or Just south of the Old Pizza Hut in Guthrie. (There is a Mexican Food Joint in the Old Pizza Hut Building and our favorite Italian joint is Romas, which is south of the Old Pizza Hut).


Our friend, Chris is the general manager and our other buddy, L.V., waits tables and is the owner's son.
We finish the night at Rooster's and then head back to the hotel for champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and the softest sheets ever.
I slept so well, I got up the next morning and used a search engine to see if I could track down where to get these sheets.


This is DH waiting for the valet to bring our car around.
This lobby is amazing.
I love him, he made a wonderful surprise.


Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment