Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yay! Brakes are Great!

I am really excited! We got my brake fluid reservoir fixed! Yay! No more master cylinder floppin' in the wind! So it is not supposed to look like this:



It is supposed to look like this:


Ain't it pretty?

So anyways, I got to ride on the back of a sport bike for the first time.
Sport bike (aka "crotch rocket")


Cruiser:



Note the back seats:




Yeah, it was my bike. Darling Hubby did not want me to ride all the way to the dealership to get the reservoir changed and the brakes bled with the reservoir floppin' in the wind. So he rode it and I was a passenger on my own bike. I have issues with that. If it's mine, I like to drive it. However, common sense must prevail and since I am not on the highways, yet, I need to let him be the driver. I have learned that I don't like my back seat at all. I also learned that I would rather ride my bike than be a passenger on it. I now know why girls who date guys with sport bikes aren't all that into riding. Something having to do with the seats, maybe, or possibly even the fact that I felt like I was hanging on for dear life? My feet kept slipping off of the passenger pegs and my left knee felt like it was all the way into my chest. Oh my, and the acceleration, it was almost like being a passenger in my old Mustang with my husband trying to "blow the cobs out." Or the lean over his back and the pressure in the lower back from not wanting to just flop onto him forward.
We rode to Destin, Florida on his bike and I never felt like that.

We went 30 miles to the Kawasaki dealership and I guaronteee that it will be a long time before I am a passenger on a sport bike again.



Thanks for stoppin' by!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment