Thursday, September 30, 2010

Delete

I love the "Del" button. Totally my favorite. It's not like backspace, where it messes up your indents and your bullets. You just press "Del" and it sucks up all of your future mistakes.


Wonder what life would be like if we had a delete button?


I wonder how many of us would still be here.


How many of us would still have 80's hair? Or not have children and still wear "Mom" Jeans?


Oh, I wonder if I could have avoided dating whats-his-name in high school?


Or leaving the Marine Corps?


But then, I wouldn't have a hair cut my husband likes. (We have been married ten years, and only recently did he let me know that he disliked my long hair with bangs). (He didn't tell me until after I got the new haircut).


Still no kids, but I did quit wearing "Mom" Jeans, even if they are comfortable. I did not realize they give you a weird look on your stomach.


If I had not separated from my beloved Corps, I might not have my Rocksanne dog, wouldn't have the friends I cherish, might not ride a motorcycle. Marriage probably would not have made it, either.


And What's-his-name? I found him on the Internet. He has put on a lot of weight and is bald. However, in retrospective, I probably would not change that experience. Sometimes it takes a bad experience to make you appreciate what you do have. (Like a husband who hates your hair and doesn't tell you).


Thanks for Stoppin' By!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment