Friday, October 8, 2010

Oath of Enlistment

This brought back memories when I was looking through a box of old papers to be shredded.

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

We had to memorize this at MEPS before we went into the little room with the big flags to be sworn in to the Armed Services. One of the personnel read this and we repeated after him that oath.

Thanks for Stoppin' By! :0)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment