Friday, November 18, 2011

Traveling In Oklahoma

On one of the forums I stalk, a question about traveling in the Midwest was posed. The question was: 
I'll be taking a solo road trip this summer from Shreveport, LA to Denver, CO. I'd love to stop a whole bunch along the way and take some great photographs, but I just don't know what there is to see and photograph along my way. I don't have a definite route in mind yet, so if there is something really spectacular a little out of the way, I wouldn't mind taking a detour. I've also considered taking a different route on the return trip, but I just don't know what is out there!
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Apparently a local answered with the Travel Oklahoma Website and a few stops around the state: Turner Falls Park, Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Scott, Black Mesa, and a few stops along our portion of Route 66. 
One of my favorite places to stop is Red Rock Canyon, it is small, quiet, and very peaceful in the wintertime. 
So, any suggestions about your favorite local hideaways? 
Thanks for Stoppin' By!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment